View Single Post
Old 11-21-2010, 03:33 AM   #5
crete456
Currently Suspended!

Do yourself a favor before going to a breeder unless your willing to take out a second mortgage to purchase a puppy...theyll tell you that it takes thousands of dollars to make a champion and testing and so on and so on...limited registration and coownership...STUDY THE BREED!!!...get as many books that illustrate what a yorkie should look like...called the breed standard...also find some books about dog genetics and breeding...GO TO AS MANY SHOWS THAT YOU CAN...you will develope an eye for a good quality yorkshire terrier...and its a fun time...go to the AKC web site under events in your area...get a judging schedule to see what ring and time yorkie are going to be judged...I found a good quality bitch from the newspaper, but I looked at A LOT OF LITTERS...you can do this but it takes patience and some time and effort...Learn about hereditary diseases that are common in yorkies and the testing that is done to identify them...Several tests can be done at clinics that are held throughout the year for a reasonable price...The prices that these breeders want for a puppy because his pedigree is filled with champions are RIDICULOUS...Theyll tell you there not making a profit, or I only breed a bitch once every two years, but what they won't tell you is that they have a half dozen of bitches they cycle and are having litters a couple of times a year...I'd like one to show me...give me the monetary break down...that's why there are so many puppy mills out there...the working family can't afford a $1000...$2000...$3000...puppy...so the puppy mills fill the need...you can do this...you just need to get educated
crete456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!