Thread: 8 week old YT
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2005, 05:48 AM   #2
Diego
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen
Hello everyone, Monday (12-12-2005) me and my gf got our first YT, Emma. She was exactly 2 months old when we got her.

Well now for my questions:

1) Since it winter, and she's little, we want to train her to go inside. When she squats to go we clap and say no, then pick her up and take her to her pee-pee pad (in our bathroom is that a bad place?) but she just smells for a second, and latelly, just walking off. Although last night she did go for the first time on it, and we praised her. But i just wanted to know if we are doing it right...do we wait until after she pees/poops or right before she squats? We know when she has to go b/c she will stop playing and sniff franticly. I hope we are not scaring her b/c we never yell or anything, but it seems she is trying to run beside the couch or away from us to do it.

2) How long should we wait to start training like "sit" "lay" "stay" commands?

3) We got her puppie treats but she just smells them and walks away. So i think tonight i am going to try Cherios or some cereal (i read some ppl on here used them)

4) Should we put her food bowl/watter bowl by the pee pee pad? Currently they are both in our bathroom *which is about 4ft wide and about 12ft deep* and the dishes are on one side and the peepee pad is on the other side just a little bit diagonal from each other.

Thanks everyone, sorry for all the question but we are both brand new to this and we want our little Emma to be as perfect as can be!

Cody
1) It depend on how long she will have to walk from one place to the pee pad.
With Nathan , I have a pee pad in every rooms .

2) A yorkie can start to learn the command at 8 weeks old . You'll have to be patient and give treats .

I never place the food bowl and water near the pee pad .
Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!