Thread: My Carpet!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 08:53 PM   #4
bchgirl
Donating YT 10K Club Member

[QUOTE=RowdysMom]we could take Rowdy outside, stand there and say, "Go potty" a jillion times about every 1/2 hour. QUOTE]

Gee, that sounds familiar. Sometimes I wondered to myself....why did I sign up for this???

First you need to decide if you want him to use pads or go outside. You can't try training both in the beginning, it's too confusing. If you decide pads, you can work towards going outside later. You need to confine him unless you are with him the entire time, and even then....they are quick little buggers and will potty right in front of you. He cries to get out of the pen because that works...in other words, you let him out. I didn't do pads, I just went outside like Rowdy's parents. Some pups do well with pads and some don't. I just didn't want to train mine to go inside. Trace is able to hold it, but I still make a point to either take him or ask him (if I ask, he will go to the door)outside. At work he'll go to the door on his own. At home I think he gets too busy playing. Accidents are very, very infrequent. I'm sure someone will post to help or do a quick search, there's alot of advice in the archives.
bchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!