View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 04:33 PM   #12
evab
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by myteddybear View Post
Thank you for you thoughts on it. I am trying to get it done now but my vet doesn't even know about the ISO and is looking into it and will hopefully know something tomorrow. She said she will likely have to order it and has no idea how long that will take. As soon as it comes in we will do that and then the rabies which must be done after the chip. Then there is a 30 day wait before the blood draw for the test...THEN the 6 month wait which now puts us over 7 months! Craziness! It would be optimal if I can work out a situation for them to stay and fly over when it is done as much as even that breaks my heart.

Are you thinking that IF I can't work that out that they are better off in a new home instead of quarantine if that becomes the only option? We will be about an hour and half north or London so no I guess we couldn't be that close.

Bertipup, I do think that would be best, if you can find someone to take them and ship them over later. If you don't have anyone here, you are in a great place where people will really give it their all to help out if they can.
No, try not to rehome your babies, think positive....you will work it out, just that it will take a little time, 6/7 months at most, try to find a foster home.

Pop another thread on here and ask members if they know of a vet in your area who can supply your ISO microchip sooner......they have them in the states, I know it............if I can help here in the UK with calls to DEFRA etc, please let me know.
evab is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!