View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 03:55 PM   #5
evab
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Hi, the UK have very very strict rules, which seem to be a little over the top and some what outdated. DEFRA.co.uk have all the rules for bringing a dog into the UK and yes it's sooooo frustrating, but you said your dog is a UK dog, did you not have a passport for him on leaving the UK? He would of had his microchip and rabies innoculations before leaving, and I am confused, but did you not wait the 6 months period and blood test before going out to the states? There is no way round it, I am sorry..UK control will not let even a british born dog back into the UK without the 6 month waiting clause, and if the rabies innoculations have lapsed whilst out of the country for what ever reason, they will expect the 6 month wait all over again. I feel so upset for you really, can you not find an organisation who would take your boy for the three months? and then ship him out to you? If I lived in the states I would have him for you really, I did it for friends, when I lived in Spain, and I know some UK people living in Spain took in peoples dogs, while they were waiting for the 6 month clearance, it was not cheap though, some charged up to £1,000 and that didn't include shipping costs. I truly hope a kind samaritan comes tio your rescue.
evab is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!