View Single Post
Old 11-12-2010, 07:10 PM   #1
hearttx
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Did your yorkie gain weight after they were spayed or neutered?

So I have 3 yorkies all fixed. My female 5.2 lb 3 year old yorkie was spayed last August and is now a whopping 7 lbs. She has short legs and looks broad as she is long. Definitely should weigh 5-5.5 lbs. My 5.5 lb 2 year old male was neutered a year ago this next February and is a whopping 7.9 lbs. He too needs to be 6 at the most. Just wondering if your yorkie gained weight after they were fixed? I heard they would but surprised how much they have gained. Their mother just got spayed from my breeder and she says their mother is starting to gain. These are not big bone or back yard breeder dogs.
I know the spayed and nuetering has been the factor. Just wondering if others have experienced this weight gain. I need to cut back on food and exercise them cause I don't want that much weight on their joints. My vet said over weight can be a factor for collapse trachea. I don't know about that and he is not in my opinion a expert on yorkies.
My third yorkie is a puppy mill rescue and a big beautiful 17 lbs and carries his weight fine. He looks so much like a silkie. He is a beautiful dog that was sold to me as a teacup. Funny my house is full of teapots.lol
hearttx is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!