View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #1
AngieC
YT Addict

Default Need your input... NO BASHING...

I have never had Nicky neutered, He is 8.30 pounds and from what I have read online is that little dogs and being put under don't always mix too well and they don't make it out of the surgery. Do they mean the little dogs that are a pound or less or is that all little dogs that are 8 pounds or smaller. I have had Nicky to his vets and he said that he was the picture of health and he could stand to gain a pound or two, that getting him fixed. That SAME day when I called before his check up to ask about getting him fixed, she said it is always very risky with small dogs. So that alone scared me!

My sister said that they fix cats and kittens all the time and you rarely hear of them passing on because of it. I was like yea that is true, never really thought of that, a small animal is a small animal right? My sister then said, ANY surgery weather you are human or animal is risky!!

Just the thought of loosing Nicky devistates the life right out of me!! I CAN'T STAND it when people tell me "He's just a dog!" to me that's like saying, "He's just a human!" My boys are MORE then "JUST A DOG" They are and always WILL be my heart my soul and nothing more or less!! They are a part of me I am a part of them!!

I am sure I will get some saying that I am a horriable dog owner that I should have had him fixed the second I knew I wasn't going to use him to breed... All I can say is Well maybe I should have... Nicky isn't really all that old he will be 2 next month and SURE I could have done it when he was 6 months old ( according to my vet ) I just don't know what to do...

PLEASE remember that I am asking for your input, NOT your opinion on weather I am a bad dog mama or not!! Keep in mind that Nicky IS still young, granted he isn't 6 months old like he should have been neuterd at but he is still young!! It isn't like I am comming in here asking about a dog I have had for 10 years... YES I am parinoid about people bashing me, I have had it done to me before in here... Part of the reason I left the first time!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!