View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 11:11 PM   #13
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Or, for now, if you can only use praise with her, I wouldn't pick her up,(that removes her from what you are praising her for) but make over her on the floor.

And confining her to a room or large area doesn't have to be away from everyone. If you can, just limit her access to other areas/rooms by blocking her access to them.

Another thought... use one of your other dogs that is trained to show her what you expect. If one will use pads without the Xpen up... feed them together then place them in the room with the pads together, let her see you praise and reward the one that does it right. Because one of mine runs to the door to go potty, the others have started doing that too, without me training them, other than letting them out after they've eaten. I see it happening more at other times throughout the day, too, so I know they're catching on.

Also, if you have one of those steamers for floors, I've found it's the best way to get odors out of the carpet.

Also, walking her (if possible) may re-awaken her nose. We don't do cold weather here very well either... or rain, but on nice days they have to re mark the neighborhood! Cuts down on accidents bc they use all their pee outside! Works for a while anyway.... Walking dogs together is really a good way to get them to bond too.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!