View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
nana911
threadkillin' 6 pack
Donating Member

Lightbulb Need suggestions

Okay, I need suggestions, but instead of saying, '''don't be mean''' or '''don't give me advice I don't want to hear'''..(LOL you all know what I'm talking about). Here is my ground rule and why.

I need potty training help..pad training to be exact. This request is for one of the new rescues. Bridget is fine. Brie is a problem. And the ground rule?? drum roll...... crate training is off the table. no way no how. These girls have spent so much of their lives in crates as breeder that there is no way I'm putting her in a crate, for any reason. Not even to potty train. If it cannot be accomplished without utilizing a crate then it cannot be done. I'll shave down her hiney and use a diaper. But I will not traumatize her further by putting her in a crate.

These two girls have no idea what a toy is. Neither one of them will even touch a toy. I have a small square xpen in the living room and when I put Bridget in there she does her business real quick. Brie immediately starts pacing. It is so sad. My DH has stated that at this point he would be happier to see Brie pick up a toy rather than potty where she should. We're more concerned about their pyschological well being than the condition of our carpet, carpet can be replaced.

So, bring on the suggestions. Yes, I do walk around, following her like a shadow, but I swear I turn for 2 seconds..she is fast. I pick her up mid stream and say a firm NO, put her on the pad and she is done. That's it. Can't get her to start again. I blot and put the wet paper on the pad. She uses the pad 30% of the time. HELP!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!