View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 09:34 PM   #24
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

I am confused......
12/30/09 you said Delilah was 4 months old, so she must have been born....end of August 09/beginning of Sep 09. You said you had gotten her 1 month before (end of Nov 09).
11/1/10 you said she is over a year old, you got her when she was 6 months old and had 6 months of trying to housetrain.

11/2/10 you said you got her at 6 months old, she was over a year old when you gave up, is almost a year and a half old now and you gave it one year of trying to housetrain. Then you said the dog is almost 2 years old now. You say you tried until she was almost a year and a half old and the new owners had her til she is almost 2 years old. So did they try for about 6 months too?

If the dog was born end of August 09/beginning of Sept 09, as your first post intimates, then the dog is just barely over a year old now -- like 14 months old now! Not almost 2 years old. If you had the dog since the end of November 09 as your first post here intimates, then I cannot see how you have given it a year of trying to housetrain AND the new owners have also given what looks like to be 6 months of trying to housetrain. Just does not add up at all.

If the dog was 3 months old when you got her, and she is 14 months old now, (that leaves 11 months) and the new owners have had her for some time (somewhere around 6 months?)......how long do you think you gave it a try? Probably more near the 6 months mark than a year?

Not trying to nitpick but you seemed to lengthen the time you "tried to housetrain" with each post. Six months is just not that long when you are talking a tiny Yorkie pup. They can be a challenge to housetrain. Most are!

I think many are more concerned by some of the wording we pick up on from your posts. These two quotes are examples from your words that concern me a great deal: " Then there was that Yorkie that I could not train" "YES I absolutly got rid of the 1st Yorkie because I could not house train her. "

You have stopped even referring to her by name as if she no longer matters. Now she is just "that yorkie" that you "got rid of." Getting rid sounds like something you do with yesterday's garbage. With beloved yorkies, you rehome or find a new forever home where they can be happy. It may seem like just wording difference to you, but it really shows a lot about attitude towards the puppy.

Since you now have another yorkie (this time much too young to be separated from her mother and siblings) I hope you will bond with her and see how precious she is. Care for her and realize that she will want to please you when she understands what you want. That may take some time. Be prepared for a huge challenge as she is so young. At 7 weeks old, she should still be with her momma dog for another 5 weeks yet. Do not expect too much from her too quickly. I would definately follow the advice about puppy pads given already. But realize that she may not really understand this for several months yet. Be patient!
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!