View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 08:09 PM   #22
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helene46 View Post
First of all, I never said I only had my first yorkie for 6 months, what I said was I got her at 6 months old, and she was over a year old when I finally gave up potty training her. She was almost a year and a half, which means I tried for almost a year. I hated giving her up, but I hated her peeing and pooping all over my house even more. I KNEW the signs...I mean I am not completely clueless....regardless of what some of you may think. I took her right outside when she started showing those "signs"...she would go a little, and then come right in the house and finish! So I figured, ok she doesn't like going outside..so I set her up a "potty place" in my bathroom with pee pads, etc....so when I saw the "signs" i would put her in the bathroom....I would keep her in there for a long while and she would either do what she did outside, or just didn't go period. I am telling you, it was a nightmare.

I keep in close contact with the person I gave her to, and she has 3 other yorkies, she trained them and she knows how to train them! I gave her away because I thought that maybe she would have better luck.....and NOPE she is still not trained...and the dog is almost 2 years old now! She does the exact same thing with them....so again I say it is not always the owner! In this case I am completely convinced that it is the dog.

But whatever..I thought I would join and ask for advise, so it didn't happen again...I am sorry that I did...My feelings don't hurt very easily...trust me when I say that...I am just not into the drama..I will do this myself....
Just because potty training a certain way worked for three yorkies doesn't mean its going to work for the forth yorkie.
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!