View Single Post
Old 11-01-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
OliversMom
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Voting against missouri puppy mills tomorrow -- with Oliver riding shotgun!

We've waited a long time for this. If Missouri voters pass Proposition B, our state may finally lose that dubious distinction, "Puppy Mill Capital of the U.S." Send your good vibes in our direction, Yorkie Talkers!

In 2008, Oliver and I launched a fundraiser on YorkieTalk, committing net sales of our book "How the Yorkie Rescued Santa" to the nearly 100 Yorkies that were seized from a Missouri puppy mill. Thanks to your generosity, we were able to donate $440 to the Missouri Humane Society's special fund that rehabilitated these babies.

It was a proud moment for YorkieTalk, but I hope we don't have to repeat it. If Missourians do the right thing tomorrow, we won't!

(If you're a new YTer and would like to have your own copy of the book, check out our website - Carol S. Porter - Writer, Editor, Speaker - and/or our special page on FaceBook. The website contains an audio clip from the story)

Keep your fingers crossed for my home state! Oliver and I can't wait for the polls to open...

Carol and Oliver, authors: HOW THE YORKIE RESCUED SANTA--An Adventure in Doggerel
OliversMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!