View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 07:56 PM   #15
broodizt
YT 500 Club Member

Smile

Okay, here's my take. I would take your baby, no matter what. Not everyone will have had my experience, but after my experience, I promised my babies I would never leave them again. Am I paranoid? Maybe, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Last year I left my babies with my Vet's boarding service. I went for 12 days back east (I live in California) for my mom's funeral. Everyone said not to take them because they would interfere and get in the way. So I listened to them. I've used my Vet for about 12-15 years, so I had no qualms about leaving my two babies, Cassie 2 1/2 and Muffin 1 1/2. The night I got back - to make a long story short, Muffin became very ill and was falling to the side, cried all the time and finally couldn't walk. My Vet confirmed she was blind in one eye. I discovered she got Vaccinosis from the TWO shots someone at the Vet's gave her and she almost died. Had I been there I would have told them never to give two shots at once, especially, if one is the rabies shot. Ten thousand dollars later and lots of tears and prayers, she is okay, and almost 100% back to herself again. But not without lots of agony. Also, don't leave them alone in the hotel room. I wouldn't. I just wouldn't. Too many Yorkie nappings going around. Am I paranoid? Maybe. But again, I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'm sure you could find a way to go to a nice restaurant or two, even if it means hiring a sitter who is experienced and has recommendations. I know if you take him, you will have a good time no matter what you do. Good Luck and have fun.
broodizt is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!