View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 03:54 PM   #13
ArmaniMan
I ♥ Armani & Chloe
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salazark View Post
I vote for taking her. We take both of ours. We have a playpen that they stay in if we go out. It folds and fits in a bag. It is part of our checked luggage. Most pet friendly hotels have a sign to put on your door if you leave your pet. I also check with the front desk. I give them my cell phone number so that if they do start barking I can come right back. The staff usually appreciates someone who is proactive about keeping everyone happy.
^^ this.

I have taken my pets numerous times on vacations where I had to leave them in the room for short periods.

ALWAYS Crate them in the room, this way if someone does walk in my accident- the dog will not bolt- even a very well behaved dog may not listen to someone they don't know in a strange environment.

Leave the TV on, this will block some of the outside noise out and help calm the dog, hopefully this will cut down on the barking.

Like above, I leave my cell phone number with the front desk- this way if there is a problem you can come right back.

Bring a blanket and toy from home that hasn't been washed before you come- this way they will have the smell of home.

I will usually put the dogs away in the room and then go get ice and come right back- then do it again and go to the lobby and come right back- this way they realize that even though you are leaving them in a strange place, you are going to come back.

Good Luck with whatever decision you make- I have taken numerous vacations where I couldn't take mine and they always do fine- but it is nice to take them sometimes and get to enjoy your vacation AND not miss your dog at the same time.
ArmaniMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!