View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
bellajayne
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Help me decide if I should take her on vacation with us!?

We have taken Bella on vacation with us before...we took her with us to Cape Cod last year. It was a 7 hour drive and we stayed with friends so it was "easy" in that she rides well and if we went out for dinner I left her crated at our friends and she was comfortable. We went to a pet friendly beach each day so that she was able to be with us easily.

We are flying to Myrtle Beach, SC in May. It is a direct flight and only an hour and a half, I made arrangements and paid the fees for her to be able to fly in her carrier under my seat. I also made reservations for us to stay at a pet friendly resort. I think I've covered my bases for her to go. I hate to think about leaving her home with someone and just went ahead and made all the necessary arrangements for a vacation that was accommodating for her to go also. We have gone away for overnight stays without her and she DOES NOT do well with anyone else. She was our "rescue baby" and is very attached to us in an anti-social way. I worry about leaving her for longer because she shuts down and won't eat and acts depressed when we are gone for longer than a day, I've arranged for family to take care of her a couple of times and they always tell me the same thing. Honestly I never like to leave her at all because of this!

Anyway....(I know get to the point, what's the problem???) When I told my friend at work she was making comments like "well I hate to see having her with you ruin your vacation because you won't go to nice restaurants or certain places if you have her with you!" For the most part she will go most everywhere with us but I'm thinking my husband might want to hit a nicer restaurant occassionally (rather than just outdoor "dog friendly" dining for every meal) and I don't think I would dare leave her alone in our hotel suite. What are some thoughts on that? I think I would be a nervous wreck leaving her in an unfamiliar place that any employee could have access to!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!