View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 09:57 AM   #14
Nikkilovespink
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalblue74 View Post
Hey thanks everyone! I think we're finally starting to get there with the potty-training. I'm kind of thinking that I may eventually dual-train Chewie--it'd be nice for when he has to take middle-of-the-night potty breaks and when it's below zero outside! We haven't been crating much during the day this week, and that's been mostly to keep him quiet after his neuter (ha! like it's done much good!) I guess next step is to start working on being free at night. This might not be the most popular opinion around YT but I have a strict "No doggies in my bed" policy, so the best he'll get will be a cushy bed next to mine.
That's what I'm teaching my twelve week old, Harlow to do. She has a potty pad in the play pen she stays in overnight, and during the day she goes outside. I bought a crate for Harlow, but I'm not actually sure if I'll start using it until she gets a bit older. Someone told me I should wait until she is about four months, because she will be able to hold it better. Harlow will get her own little bed too, when she's trained, because she's so small I'm afraid I would squish her, or knock her off the bed!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!