View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 02:04 PM   #58
JDS
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlDebra View Post
Where have you "been told" that natural shampoos will be more watery? I tried to find a reference to that, and am really curious. I have used other natural shampoos (human and pet) that are rich and thick. The only places I have actually read that natural shampoos are always a watery consistency are posts from Yorkie Splash and Shine Shampoo. I am wondering what defines a "natural" shampoo too. For instance, if you look at the ingredients in Espree Hypo-Allergenic Coconut Shampoo -- they are all natural. The cleaners are coconut, it also contains Jojoba and Aloe Vera. It is even a naturally tearless product, meaning they don't add a chemical to make it tearless like some (think Johnson's baby shampoo) instead, it is tearless because of the gentle natural ingredients. Espree Hypo-Allergenic Coconut Shampoo is rich and thick -- so much so that you can actually use it full strength or water it down yourself (16 parts water to 1 part shampoo). I just found an older bottle of (human) Jason's Natural Jojoba shampoo in my bathroom. It is all natural ingredients (sulfate-free) and it is very thick too. I actually had not been using it because it gave my hair a little too much fullness. I already have the world's thickest hair. It was lasting forever, as only a dime or so blob was needed, so I just stopped using it. Just wondering about the natural = watery idea......

The watery-er (?) consistency actually does mean that it is watered down. Not necessarily that it was ever a thicker product for sale, but water is still the main ingredient. Just more of it, in the watery formulas. So watered down in the making, not after the fact. Some seem to like the watery consistency, even prefer it, but it does mean you are buying more water. I like the thicker, richer formulas, and then I can water them down if I want to, to make rinsing easier.

I never tried the sheen. I do like a good daily spray for brushing. Smart of her to offer it. Glad you found it works well. A good daily brushing/refreshening spray is vital.
This has already been addressed, but since I made the comment I feel obliged to respond. A few years back I got involved with a new MLM company that made natural products (soy candles, natural lip balm, natural bath products,etc). The issue of the watery consistency was brought up in one of our "team phone calls". Since I don't know all the technical lingo I stated what I was told in layman's terms. Since no "junk" was added to the product to beef up the consistency, it was more watery than what I was used to. Since I'm no expert in this area & haven't fully researched it I was simply stating what I had been told. Peronally, the consistency does not bother me so I felt no need to research it to discover if what I had been told was indeed fact.

However, I feel that the explanation from WalnutHill does indeed support what I was told years ago. Not that it really matters to me now. I do want to say that I appreciate the information that has been shared in this thread...it's been interesting to read. And I am considering ordering a foamer bottle with my next order as well.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!