View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 07:20 PM   #13
Mom to Hot Rod
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
He might need a Ulnar Ostectomy. His radius and ulna bones might have grown to different lengths which pushes on the elbow causing it to twist. They will do a cat scan and if necessary cut one of the bones to shorten it so it does not twist the elbow. It has caused him pain for about 2 month now with him limping and lifting his foot off the ground when standing. We originally thought it was a soft tissue injury but it continued to be a problem even with restricted activity and medication. When we consulted with the Orthopedic Surgeon he felt that this might be the issue as nothing showed up on the xrays. So he will do the cat scan and then determine whether it is a soft tissue injury or the growth deformity.
Wow, I had no idea that Buster needed this done as well. Poor baby. (and mommy) I am sure that he will do well with his surgery tomorrow. Will definitely send good thoughts and prayers. I know that you will be counting the minutes until you get that phone call. Trust me, you will feel the stress leaving your body once you hear from the surgeons office.

Please let us know who he does. Hot Rod was crated when I wasn't home and for the most part I held him when I was home. When he started to get frisky, I placed him on the table next to me on the sofa with his harness on and wrapped a neck lanyard around my wrist to keep him from jumping down. The first 2 weeks were rough for me and then it seem as though he turned the corner and was feeling a whole lot better.
BTW, he looks absolutely adorable in his costume. Great job on the costume.

Last edited by Mom to Hot Rod; 10-27-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Mom to Hot Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!