Thread: Sign Language??
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 09:56 AM   #14
Xsassy2macyX
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTrixie143 View Post
I've never thought of one for going potty. What do you do for that?
I am sorry I read your question wrong. The sign for potty is fingerspell the letter "T" in sign and shake it. I posted the website of ABCs and signs below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdhawks View Post
I don't know sign language, but Levi does know several hand signals for basic commands. I love the idea of teaching signs to dogs.
Thanks! I agree it's a great idea to teach dogs signs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkieusa View Post
I would love to learn sign language for those commands. You all put me to shame, because I was so proud of myself for teaching my lil girl to come follow me just by waving my hand in a "come on" signal. Now you've given me some ideas! I think it is so wonderful that you've taught Macy those signs. They are very smart! Congratulations.
Thanks! Glad I was able to give you some ideas!! Go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky94 View Post
That's amazing! I've always wanted to learn sign language. I will finally be able to take that class next semester and I'm super excited. I've never thought to teach it to Stormy, but what a fabulous idea! Do you guys happen to know of a website where I can learn the basic commands like sit and so forth in the meantime?
Awesome you are going to take a sign language class! You'll love it. Here is the website where you guys can find all the signs.

http://www.aslpro.com/cgi-bin/aslpro/aslpro.cgi

And I forgot to add that Macy also knows

Ball
Bacon
Popcorn
Water

Last edited by Xsassy2macyX; 10-27-2010 at 09:58 AM. Reason: forgot to add some words
Xsassy2macyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!