Thread: sexes
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 04:34 PM   #11
SoCalyorkiLvr
BANNED!

I have had mostly female dogs all my life. I now have a male standard poodle, a female westie. a male yorkie and a female yorkie.

When I first got my male yorkie I wanted a male because I have been told that they bond with women better and that females bond with the men in the house. I love my little guy! he is crazy, goes a mile a minute but is extremely affectionate and will snuggle anytime. He doesn't stay by my side all the time thought. He is a little independent and he will go off on his own. He loves EVERYONE and when I take him places he will jump around on his hind legs pulling at the leash to "say hello"!! He is also not afraid of other dogs.

I decided I wanted a little girl too when I saw all the cute clothes and accessories for girls. I love dressing my boy but I wanted the cute bows and stuff. I also felt the opposite sexes would get along better as playmates.

Well, with Hefner being all boy, Chai is definitely "ALL Girl". She can be shy and coquettish when she wants something or she will complain that Hefner is "hurting her" so she gets picked up. But yet, she plays hard and she will give it right back to him when she needs to.

She loves other dogs and is outgoing as well but a tad more reserved I'd say.

The Alpha dog in our house is my female westie, Billie. She rules the house. My standard poodle is a big teddy bear and just a love. My westie will run off on adventures when she gets the chance, but my poodle would never leave the yard except to follow her.

My female has bonded to all of us regardless of sex. I think it just depends on who gives them the most attention.
SoCalyorkiLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!