View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 09:37 AM   #9
blondschilli
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie07 View Post
I had a neighbor with an intact purebred male dog that was always getting loose. The first time I returned him to his home, they answered the door and I had to drag the poor dog to them. After that, sometimes they would answer and sometimes they wouldn't, even though I could see a tv and computer running. Everytime I took him home, I'd tell them he'd make a better pet and stay home if they neutered him, but noooooo, they wanted to breed him, he was a purebreed.

One time I let my dogs out at 5am on a Saturday as I had an agility trial and that poor dog was outside my fence causing my dogs to raise bloody heck. I was so incensed that when I left for the trial at 6:30, I stopped at their house, rang the door bell until I got an answer and told the husband that his dog was at my fence when I let my dogs out and caused them to make a horrid rucus. He might not care what his neighbors thought, but I did and I don't want a complaint from them. STILL it did no good. Another time, I kept the dog overnight, called animal control the next day and just as animal control was getting the dog, the man drove up. They gave him a warning. Other incidents happened, but after the dog showed up at my house with a bloody ear and got drops of blood all over my front porch and up the walls, I started making plans. I spoke to a person in that breed rescue and when some little girls showed up with the dog on a Saturday and said they had had him since Wed, I called the rescue. I kept him overnight and early Sunday, took him to the rescue. I never told anyone, until now, but I am sure the people have a good idea I took him. I told the little girls that I took him to the shelter.

I am happy to say the dog is neutered and living happily ever after in his current home. Oh and the people who owned him never got another dog, they are probably relieved he is gone.

Even if animal control comes out and the results aren't what you had hoped, don't give up. I regret that I hadn't called the rescue sooner or animal control more times, as the dog might not have gotten a torn up ear. There are ways to help these dogs.
So glad u found the dog a good home. The one dog that comes down here the most is the male. I will take action here soon. Can not bare to see it turn 0 degree out and this happening.
blondschilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!