View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 03:49 PM   #1
EmGo11
Yorkie Yakker

Confused Feeling A Little Guilty.

Just wanted to share a little of my weekend with you guys:

Over the weekend, my boyfriend and I went to visit his family in San Jose. My boyfriend has a twin brother who has a 3 year old Silky Terrier and he and his wife are currently searching for a little yorkie pup. His wife found out that a certain breeder in their area would be doing an adoption event that weekend we were there at a doggy accessory store at a local mall so we agreed to go with them (Let me clarify that is was not a pet shop that sold any kind of live animal). When we got there, they fell in love with the cutest little guy ever. When asked about his price, the breeder just kept saying she would give a "crazy good deal" to whoever wanted him. There were four yorkies there total that day, two from the same litter, one from a different litter, and the one my bf's brother and wife fell in love with who also came from a different litter. Just hearing that they had so many different litters at one time made me a bit suspicious. What also made me confused was the fact that she was saying that the puppies were one price but when she walked away and her daughter came, the daughter said a dramatically higher price (for example: the one we all liked was originally $500 but when a different group asked, the daughter told them $900). When the breeder saw that my bf's brother and wife might actually buy him, she said she would sell the puppy for $350 cash with no papers or health guarantee. We could hear her muttering to her daughter "I am not coming home with puppies today...I have a new litter coming in that I need to make room for." My bf's brother didn't want to pass up on the deal (because that's a pretty crazy deal...) BUT the reason why he was going for so cheap was because he had, what the breeder called, a "spastic" thing about him. Meaning, he was always jittery. It wasn't because he was cold or anything, she just said he's always full of energy and just has these shakes to him. We eventually persuaded my bf's brother and wife not to get the puppy because I just found her too suspicious with all the comments she was making (it really seemed like she didn't care about them at all despite the fact that she kept saying, "These are my babies!").

I tried researching what could cause these "spastic" movements of his but came up with nothing. He was an adorable puppy with the most beautiful face I've seen...but something just didn't feel right about the situation and the breeder. I did do some research on her after I came home and found a sad review about her here on YorkieTalk so I do feel better for telling my bf's brother and wife that I didn't think they should purchase that puppy. But I still feel a little guilty because his wife was so in love with the puppy. She didn't mind that he was "special" and was willing to take extra care of him so I do feel bad about it but I just didn't think everything added up.

Anyways, sorry for the long post. Just wondering what you guys would have done if you were in my position? And if anyone here has a yorkie who is like the one we saw (jittery all the time)? I'm still so curious about what could be the cause for it. I'm thinking it's something neurological but I'm not sure.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!