View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 02:51 PM   #3
richards6402
Love My Girls
Donating Member

Macy has a potty patch and I love it. I kept her in an x pen with the potty patch and would keep making the x pen larger and larger every week until she had the entire kitchen. She eventually got used to going on the potty patch only. I tried potty pads but she would think throw rugs were potty pads also. When I switched to the potty patch she quit going on the rugs. I would keep her gated in the kitchen when I wasn't home but would let her walk around the other parts of the house watching her all the time when I was home. I bought (2) more potty patches and put one by the front door and one in the master bathroom. I showed her where the others were and told her to go potty. When she would use one I would give her a treat. She now can go anywhere in the house and hasn't had an accident in quite a while. She was hard to train, it took almost a year to potty train her.

When I was training her and she had an accident, I would wipe up the pee and then wipe that across the potty patch. That seemed to help her.

Don't give up, I think inside training is so much easier than outside. When it rains or snows I see our neighbors taking their dog outside, I just tell Macy to go potty and she doesn't get cold or wet.

Good luck

It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled. (Mark Twain)
richards6402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!