View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 05:27 PM   #11
diannenet
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Please listen to these ladies. Take her to the vet. Toby started limping (not walking on three legs) and I assumed it was a pulled muscle. That was on a Friday night. The next morning I had him at the vet and he has luxating patella (LP) in his left rear leg. It's very common in small breeds. I am by no means an expert as I have pestered a few of these knowledgeable women a lot lately and between them, the vet and the orthopedic surgeon, they have put my mind at ease. Toby was/is overweight and we are working to get the weight off. He has lost 3/4 lb. in 2 1/2 weeks and we are still working on losing. I'm sure it's a combination of things but in 3 1/2 weeks time he is finally showing improvement. He's on a diet, he's on Rimadyl for inflammation and he's now on a glucosamine & chondriton supplement. AND he's getting some rest. He is back to his feisty little self so I'm hoping we are on our way to a full recovery (although he will always have LP.) Good luck and please keep us posted. IF he doesn't get a whole lot better, we are probably looking at surgery that will cost between $1,900-$2,000 (what's $100 when you are talking that much money!) But so far he's improving more every day thank goodness.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!