View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 06:14 AM   #9
LucyKat
Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 049 RE: Yorkie Walking on Three Legs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlakko View Post
My yorkie has been walking on 3 legs, only outside when she runs and walks, its the weirdest thing, I have checked her back left leg, doesn't hurt, nails aren't long does anyone else have a three legged yorkie, just wondering...
From my experience, when a Yorkie walks/runs on three legs they are definately in pain. Both times this happened to my youngest yorkie we were looking at fractures (one fracture of the tibia by the growth plate and the newest one is at the tip of the leg bone where it goes into the hip socket) both times he injured it by landing wrong on his leg and both times required surgery from a Vet Spclst. due to the nature of the fracture.

Don't wait to see if this will resolve itself, please take your baby to your vet and have them look at her. It may be nothing, or it may be that your baby is in real pain. Each time mine hurt himself all he wanted to do is for me to hold him and make the pain go away - it's heartbreaking when they are hurting and my little guy has been through so much in such a short period of time and both were freak accidents - go figure.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!