View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 04:42 PM   #4
Klyn
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
Also it is best if you can, to go out with her when you send her out to potty, to see exactly what she does, and make a big reward out of going potty. Use a command go pee pee or wee wee, or whatever word you select, then she does it ... GOOD pee pee, treat. Go poo, go no 2 whatever and when she does it same deal, reward with voice, and with treats.

99% of the time we are out there with her. But sometimes when she is just waking up in the morning or from a nap, she does pretty good with just running out there and doing her business. When we're with her and witness the good deeds, she always gets an excited, "Good girl!" and treat. But the better she does, the more freedom she gets. I kinda thought that was part of the point.

I guess I just needed to blow off a little steam so I didn't get frustrated with her. I do appreciate the feedback. We'll supervise her outings a little more closely again, and obviously she won't be leaving our sight inside for a very long time still. Thanks

YorkieUSA- what do you mean by ringing bells? That's a technique I haven't heard of before...

Last edited by Klyn; 10-11-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Klyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!