View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 06:24 PM   #2
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

I know what you mean. I have to go to work also. The first week I had my puppy, he spent my time at work at my sister's house. But the time quickly came when I had to leave him at home.

I just go - I don't wait around to see if he's crying. I don't want to hear it.
I leave lights on, the radio on, and there is another dog and a bird in the house.

My neighbors come over to visit him shortly after I leave for work, and they say he is usually sleeping when they pop their heads in the door. They play with him for a while and when they leave, they say he's usually ready for another nap.

I think that leaving "quickly" helps. This way, I'm gone before he even knows it. I get him busy with other things and, of course, make sure he has every thing he needs, and I take off. I think "long goodbyes" are harder on a puppy.
They know for sure that you are leaving if you fuss around making a big deal of it. And, for heaven's sake --- don't say "Good bye."

My pets are very used to my being gone part of the time. They have all grown up this way. It was only hard when they were very young and left alone the first few times. But we've grown through this.

And WOW - are they happy to see me when I get home!!!!!

Good luck!

Carol Jean

Last edited by SnowWa; 12-10-2005 at 06:26 PM.
SnowWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!