View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 10:12 PM   #27
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madraga View Post
Thanks Star and KJC!

To answer you question on my hair, it's down when I sleep. So maybe it is the hair and the fact that it's night time she'll be stuck with me when my hair is down. This sucks though coz I'll be cutting my hair soon so it'll mean that my hair will be down most of the time in a bob.

Today I fed her in my room and just stayed with her in my room for most of the morning so she started peeing in my room again. She growls at this glass cabinet that I have, she watches it all day and growls at it. I keep going to it and reassuring her that it's nothing by patting the cabinet and stuff. But I dunno what she sees in there that makes her so angry at it. Probably why she slept in the play pen instead of her crate coz the crate is right next to the glass cabinet.
She'll eventually get used to your hair, I think it just freaked her out going from being up, then down. Try letting her see changes... cut may be better... easier for her to adjust to.

She's probably seeing her reflection in the cabinet...

If it turns out to be your hair that's bothering her, then you can just scrap all the other stuff... that was just a way to get her to bond with you, but now we know that you are not the problem, just your hair that is causing the problem. So once you find a way to soothe her fears, and she accepts your hair, I don't think you'll have a problem with her with bonding or anything! Keep your PJ's and your shampoo, let her have the run of the house, as she seems to do better housetraining that way, let her play with the maids, and just enjoy her company. You did say she follows you during the day, so that means she does like you, she's just not used to a person that can change their appearance (in her eyes) so quickly. After your hair is cut, just be careful when you shower and go from dry hair to wet hair. I know this seems trivial, but on her level, it's major, so if you can minimize changes in your appearance, I think you'll do a lot better with her, she won't be getting as freaked out. Let me know how it goes... and best of luck with her!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!