View Single Post
Old 04-01-2005, 10:55 AM   #1
Sydney'sMom
YT 500 Club Member

Animal Smiley 019 biting and potty training problems...need advice from experienced owners

My baby girls is 4 months old, and I love her more than anything...but we have 2 problems:

1) potty training. We live in an area that has harsh winters. We brought her home in January when it was very cold and snowy...so potty training was hard when it was sooooo nasty outside. However it is now getting nicer and I was expecting some improvement. The opposite is happening. Sydney is VERY stubborn and strong willed. We have tried praise, treats, and even a punishment system...but she still wants to go on the floor. We take her outside, give her plenty of time to go (she doesn't) and then the second we get back in she is peeing on the floor. Help!

2) agressiveness. Sydney has a very strong adversion to personal care...aka...cutting nails, haircuts, her temperature being taken at the vet...etc. If she is being forced to do something she doesn't like, she bites. I've had to muzzel her to get her nails trimmed, and she is only a baby. I am worried this will get worse with age. This is really becoming somewhat of a problem and I am afraid she will bite the vet. What can I do?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sydney3.jpg (55.0 KB, 33 views)
Sydney'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!