View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 01:24 PM   #4
CindyAnna
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Love

The doggie litter box simply didn't work well for me because my Sadie would indeed do her business there, but would kick the litter out all over the place afterward. So I tried the puppy pads (which she used) but she tore them to pieces & I ended up cleaning that up all over also LOL. I finally called my breeder who suggested what she did when she had a new litter of puppies (Sadie included) & that has worked like a charm. She recommended I buy a goodly amount (at least a dozen) of very cheap towels from either a thrift store or walmart (I bought from walmart for a $1 a towel) & use that. Sadie took right to the towel, and Yes you do have to treat them sort of like baby diapers & wash them weekly but it saves me from having to run her outside so much.

Sadie is now over a year old (15 months old) & is still doing great with this method, and still does go outside when we can get out for a bit. I'm disabled & use a powered wheelchair so bad weather is out of the question for me to go out in, & this method worked really well for Sadie & myself.

I was willing to do whatever was necessary to make life easier for both me and my furbaby Best wishes with Levi, I'm sure he will adjust & life will become easier for you both...

Last edited by CindyAnna; 09-30-2010 at 01:26 PM.
CindyAnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!