View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 09:55 AM   #8
Beamers Mom
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI Yorkielover View Post
Thanks! The cost isn't a problem but I'm wondering how often I will need to renew to keep her information current. I don't want her to be in pain or have any issues with the chip becoming dislodged. I just have this bad feeling about putting something foreign and unnatural under her skin. That's what I have been debating myself about .
OK Beamer was microchipped when he got his annual shots.
The vet used Home Again. The first year fee was included with the bill. I just renewed the registration and it was $16.95. You can do it online. You can always go online to the website and update any information.
Home Again also has you upload a photo (optional) but if Sophie was ever to go missing they can take care of sending notifications out.

this is their website:

Pet Microchip for Dogs and Cats | HomeAgain Pet ID & Recovery Service

Lil Bit was microchipped years ago and at that time the vet used Avid. There was a onetime fee. I think it is $19.95 now and then it only costs to update information.
But I registered Lil Bit's microchip with Home Again as well as it is a better service, so I pay the registration fee for her. Well worth it for peace of mind.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!