View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 07:35 AM   #2
rachelanne820
YT Addict

I just started feeding raw for breakfast and kibble for the rest of the day. I've never heard of the jaw stimulating thing, though. I know there are tons of people on here that feed only raw and I don't think they have a problem with their jaws.

We are going on vacation next month and have to board the pups so I'm just leaving them with kibble. I don't know about switching to canned while traveling. I have heard that some who feed raw get freeze-dried raw for traveling. That might be an option for you?

The reason the bag says to mix the raw and kibble at first is to avoid stomach upset. You can go 100 percent if you want - just watch for runny poops at first. I didn't really do a transition with mine - I just gave 1/2 a patty one morning and had to troubles.

Don't worry about all the questions. This is the right place for them! Especially when going to raw - there are really good resources on here. Hopefully someone with more experience can respond, too. I only started feeding a raw breakfast last week.

Good luck!

Last edited by rachelanne820; 09-27-2010 at 07:36 AM. Reason: fix percent sign
rachelanne820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!