View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 07:03 AM   #1
MellyBelly Mom
Yorkie Yakker

Love New food! Need help :)

Hey everyone! I'm Juliana, don't post much, but I'm trying to participate more. But I'm no pro

So here is the deal. I've been feeding Wellness for small breeds for almost 1 year. I used to give her toppings or mix dry and wet, but it became so complicated that I stopped (she would lick the toppings and spit the kibble).

Then I got rid of the wet food (I read somewhere dogs need to chew their food to work their jaws) and eventually she started eating dry only.

DH never thought she liked the food (Dry Wellness for small breeds) he think she eats because she has to. I kind of agree, and started noting more lately. Like she will eat, but is not that she likes it, hard to explain. In addition I give her chopped red bell peppers, sweet potatoes, bananas and blueberries at least 3 times per week.

Now, after reading ya'll experiences, I decided is time to change her food. I also decided to go raw. So we went to the store yesterday and got Prime chicken and beef plus a small package of Orijen because I don't wanna feed Wellness anymore but I need for her to continue eating some dry due to travel needs since I can't have raw everywhere we go, be it a road trip or traveling overseas.

Sorry this is long!!!

So last night for her second meal I gave her two Prime nuggets, and she ate them in two seconds.

Here are my concerns:

1. Prime package indicates that initially I should mix the dry and raw together and gradually give her a meal of raw only. But she ate it all and I could see she loved it, can I just give her raw only without mixing it with the dry for one meal?

2. Will it work feeding dry in the morning and raw in the evening?

3. In case the morning/dry and evening/raw doesn't work, is it gonna be bad for her to be on raw only and not stimulate her jaw by chewing? She has lots of chewing stuff and treats.

4. If I do raw only, would I be able to feed her canned wet when we travel?

Sorry for having so many questions, I'm trying to figure out what to do...

Thank you so much!! All opinions and comments are welcome!
MellyBelly Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!