View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 06:45 AM   #5
ladyjane
Resident Yorkie Nut Donating YT 20K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti View Post
My Pixie does that spinning and barking like crazy every time I get up from sitting or laying down. She goes crazy, the rest of the time she is real laid back. She does it even in the middle of the night if I get up and put on my slippers. I have not found anything to stop her. I think she doesn't want me to leave. Although she is fine once I am gone. She does pull my pj's down the ramp off the bed and drag them to the hall and lays head on them while I am gone. So I think it is some form of separation anxiety. I will try keeping treats by me and see if giving her one when she starts up helps. Thanks
She does that as well. If she even thinks I am going near the door she flips! What I have learned about her is that when I go out she is happier in a room to herself. I give her a Kong Dental Stick with the peanut butter stuff they make inside of it. She is so busy with that it distracts her when I am getting ready to leave. So, yes, she does have separation anxiety. My son had thought that maybe that was why Bella did it with the trash bags..because she knew I was taking them outside. I really don't think that is it, though. I think she has two separate issues going on.
ladyjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!