Thread: need advice
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 09:16 AM   #10
lovespandp
♥Momma's Bambino♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterandalana View Post
You may have to compromise on some things...if it were me, I would focus on what I thought was really important and compromise on other things.

If you are really sold on the food you are feeding him (I have never heard of it, but it sounds like you did research) then maybe print out information for him on WHY it is a better food and also why other foods could be harmful. (that what I did when I first started researching raw diets...when hubby saw how harmful kibble could be, he was ok with paying a little bit more for the good health of the puppy)

If he agrees to the food, maybe you could agree to keep his hair short, since this is only aesthetic and will not compromise his health.

As for leaving the dog out or crating when you are away...you husband must know that a dog does need to be properly trained to be happy and healthy to be kept un crated. why not agree that if he helps with training, you will watch the pups progress and when he is ready (small tests at a time) you will consider keeping him un-crated?

also, just a side note, if you really do not want to buy your food at petsmart, you could also show your husband the attached video... Petsmart Animal Cruelty
just let him know that you would prefer to support stores that do not sell pets and actually care about the well being of animals.

Well said thank you. I will def show him that video!! He hates to see that kind of stuff.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!