View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 03:09 PM   #5
winston2010
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default how I did it

Winston was trained in a crate. Every so often I took him out and over to the pee pee pad. If he used it we cheered and let him know it was something good he had done. He is almost 5 months and is during very well. He is now allowed in the laundry room, family, & kitchen. He will come running from the family room to the laundry room were his pee pad is and use it. I don't let him in anyother part of the house unless I am with him. He has a mistake once in a while but its ok because there is no carpet in the rooms he is allowed. Most of the time I think its because he forgets and is playing. Now that he is a little bigger I can put his food out at certain times & that makes it easier. He potties when he comes out of the crate, and 30-35 min after eating. When we go outside he pees & we tell him good outside potty but he hasn't poo outside yet, only on the pee pad. Winters can get sometime cold in Ky. so I wanted him to use the pads in bad weather. Also learned this from a 2 yorkies I babysat for before I got my pup. They would NOT pee or poo outside if it was raining or snow, FORGET THAT IT'S NOT HAPPENING!!!! pads are wonderful during those times. Hope this helps you, good luck.
winston2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!