View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 04:08 PM   #9
licricket
YT Addict

Sad

[QUOTE=Cici C;3268308]My little Max LOVES S & C! Right now he gets chicken in the morning and beef at night. I use the freeze-dried - it's just so easy. He likes the frozen raw but he loves the freeze-dried even though I rehydrate it so it's a wet food. I used to home cook but he likes this even better and licks his bowl clean every time. He didn't really love Nature's Variety raw and I liked the way S & C processed their food better so it worked for both of us.

Licricket - Max is 4 lbs and I give him one freeze-dried patty in the morning and 1 in the evening with a few little snacks during the day. I'm confused about your giving your pup only 1/4 patty twice a day? According to the chart, a 6 lb adult dog should get 3 patties per day so doing a little division, I came up with 2 patties per day for 4 lbs. Puppies should get a bit more. Am I reading it wrong or missing some info? Max eats every bite and is slim and trim so I don't think it's too much.

I put the patty on top of NOW Puppy Formula (about 1/2 cup??) as per the breeder's instructions. He has been on that same feeding since I got him, 3 weeks ago, and that is what he has been eating all along. I will double check with my breeder, but he was 7 months old when I adopted him. His weight is perfect. Of course, he gets vegetables during the day, also, and sometimes a little yogurt or cottage cheese. If the only thing he was eating was the S&C, it definitely would not be enough. Thanks for your concern and I should not have neglected to add that it was in addition to the NOW.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!