View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 01:57 PM   #4
Cici C
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by licricket View Post
I use the freeze dried ones, and it calls for 1/4 two times a day for a 4 pound pup. Directions are on the back of the package. Did you check? Good luck, my pup loves them!
My little Max LOVES S & C! Right now he gets chicken in the morning and beef at night. I use the freeze-dried - it's just so easy. He likes the frozen raw but he loves the freeze-dried even though I rehydrate it so it's a wet food. I used to home cook but he likes this even better and licks his bowl clean every time. He didn't really love Nature's Variety raw and I liked the way S & C processed their food better so it worked for both of us.

Licricket - Max is 4 lbs and I give him one freeze-dried patty in the morning and 1 in the evening with a few little snacks during the day. I'm confused about your giving your pup only 1/4 patty twice a day? According to the chart, a 6 lb adult dog should get 3 patties per day so doing a little division, I came up with 2 patties per day for 4 lbs. Puppies should get a bit more. Am I reading it wrong or missing some info? Max eats every bite and is slim and trim so I don't think it's too much.

Britster - it would be expensive to feed Jackson only S & C's, wouldn't it? Weren't you feeding Acana kibbleor one of it's sister products? Just wondering why you stopped. I would love to find a grain-free kibble that Max would eat as rotation with S & C's but now he's so spoiled that he just turns his nose up at ALL kibble and even some home-cooked!
Cici C is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!