View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 07:35 AM   #5
BonBon
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamers Mom View Post
Why do you want a show/breed quality pup? Are you planning on showing or breeding?
Also the breeder can't tell whether a puppy is really going to turn out to be show quality.

Maybe if you could tell us who the breeder is we could advise better.

Reputable breeders will sell their pups on Limited registration when selling as a pet.
If you are buying a show/breed quality you will pay much more.
Beamer cost me over $1000 too, and he is a beautiful pet.
I agree, a good reputable breeder would never sell a pup with unlimited registration to someone they didn't know VERY well, if at all.

Also, there's no way to tell whether a pup will be show quality until it's several months old. I would have a serious problem with any breeder who made such a claim on a puppy only weeks old. I know this didn't address your original questions but your breeder is raising several alarms for me. I'd encourage you to get your deposit back and start researching for a good breeder.

ETA: I forgot to ask if you intend to breed? Have you ever bred before? Please consider finding a mentor before selecting pups to breed.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. -- Author Unknown

Last edited by BonBon; 09-10-2010 at 07:38 AM.
BonBon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!