View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 04:28 AM   #1
Janie Doyle
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Taget Battle (not Yorkie Related)

Early in the Summer a few people in our subdivision found out a developer had plans to build a Super Target in the County owned woods behind our subdivision and was sure the 3 County Commisioners would sell him the property. Since August we formed a front and relentleslly fought a battle, with petetions, weekly meetings and yard bill boards. We had over 4000 signatures from our Small Commnity and have had meeting presented to the comissioners as to why we do not want this massive store plus others in our back yard. I love Target but just did not want to look at it everyday from my back yard..

Last night, there were 10 more speakers lined up to once again say why we do not want this. The County Commisinor spoke first. He was one of three to vote and he was the "swing vote" . He annouunced at the end of his speach, was going to vote " NO" the packed filled auditoriuum . we were all going crazy and I was sittinng near the developer and watched his mouth open up and drop. He has built many Targets in the USA and has nnever lost a battle to build one.. As a result ouur 10 speakker did not have to speak we all went to have a few beers and celebtated.

If your neighborhood wants to puut inn a Walmart or a Target and you are opposed youu can join forces and fight a battle !!!!!

YOU CAN FIGHT CITY HALL !!!!!
Janie Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!