View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 07:12 PM   #1
Loveoftheyorkie
BANNED!

Cry Please Help new mom kills pup and not nursing acting strange!!!

Hi everyone well today was an awful day my dog finally had her puppies today I was o excited when at 2:30 a.m she started panting still just panting at 3:30 a.m. then around 9:30 started yelping so I knew we were close sure enough with some KY jelly help she popped out her first which was a very very tiny girl then 10 minutes a breach boy presented himself and then nothing but she was acting wild crazy like she was still in labor then I realized she had a puddle of clear fluid underneath her and no puppy presenting so I rush her to the vet where they tell me after doing an x ray that their is a big puppy and she likely can't pass it and will need a c-section I was really concerned that the puppy would suffocate and die but they did say that the puppy had some fluid behind it whether it was enough they wouldn't know until getting in there and seeing.The vet says they will call me in an hour to have me come back and get her. Then soon as I walk in the door they call and say she had the puppy all on her own. wow! Yeah for small miracles and $600 awesome!!! So I go back pick her up and her puppies.But when I arrive she is acting very very strange refusing to stay in the crate with them which alarmed me right away so I say some thing to the vet and they inform me that she's been through a lot and possibly when get home she'll calm down and allow them to nurse.So I get in her kennel and try to help the puppies to nurse but still she didn't want anything to do with them just keep trying to bury them with the blankets and her nose like she does with her bones.So I'm scared and confused so I try to pet her, love on her and get her to lay down with them but still nothing she was just licking them like crazy. Then I laid down on my bed to nurse my almost 3 month old baby then once he was asleep I checked on her and realized she had one of the puppies in her mouth I get her to let it go in a panic knowing something wasn't right and realized she had punctured a hole in the little tiny tiny girls stomach and taken a chunk out of her nose which wasn't bleeding but her puncture was. So I grab up the puppies and rush back to the vet where they tell me she died!I was hysterical what started out so exciting now was so sad! I was devastated I called my husband bawling.I couldn't believe it!The vets office said she likely was abandoning the pups and I would have to nurse them more bad news. SO I get home separate her from the only two pups left the two boys nursed them with a syringe. The stud's mom then finally comes to offer a lending hand and take a look at the situation and brings her female just in case I need to her female to foster the pups since she still had milk but had weaned her pup. She said basically she was treating this squeaker toy she was playing with kinda like her puppy it was really strange and then when the puppies started crying she didn't know what to do and started panicking.We finally got her to calm down and I hide all her toys from sight. I forced her to nurse the pups by gently holding her down. I did this two separate times because she still will not lay there to nurse them finally some of her instincts start to kick in and she starts to stimulate them to pee and poop.But she is obsessed with doing it has anyone else gone through this? and is it normal? I actually had to make her stop because that's all she cares about doing she could care less about nursing them all she wants to do it lick the privates. I am so worried she is gonna hurt the other two. She is not responding well. Please anyone that could offer some advice that would be great I am worried through the night she won't nurse them or might lay on them or kill one.She is not acting like a normal mom she will turn 2 in September.I am so so worried She is now a little better as of 11:00 p.m but still will not stop licking them she is NOT licking the pups all over just the bowls...I had to have her lay down to force nurse again.But still scared to go to sleep please HELP
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!