View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 08:07 AM   #4
Rachael x
Poppy's Mamma ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanna View Post
Bilbo does the kicking water thing too. I think he does it because either he's hot or because he thinks there is something at the bottom of the bowl or because he just wants to play in the water. I keep the dish on a tray with a raised side (like a cafeteria tray) which makes it easier to clean up. He does the same thing with his kibble sometimes. They have water dishes with a jug that dispense into a small bowl, although I don't know if a rabbit waterer with a tube would work for a dog.

I wouldn't worry too much about the not eating thing, as long as Poppy doesn't seem sick. If you are too concerned, her checked at the vet. But I think they go through spurts where they don't eat. Maybe she's developing into a picky eater. I don't think the senior food would be good for an active dog, since it may not have enough calories or protein.

What I would suggest is: go to the vet, if she gets a clean bill of health, either wait her out or change food. If you free feed, maybe change that for awhile until Poppy gets back on her food.
Thanks for the advice.
I had a thought... maybe she can see her reflection in the water and thats what she is pawing at? Im not sure..
I dont give her the senior food what I ment is sometimes I catch her eating it from my other dogs bowel (I do stop her when I catch her)
I dont usually leave food in her pen over night but I did last night and it was nearly all gone this morning, so I will see what she is like tomorrow and if shes not eating any better I will make an appointment with the vet.
Thanks again.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!