View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 06:46 AM   #2
Texanna
Senior Yorkie Talker

Bilbo does the kicking water thing too. I think he does it because either he's hot or because he thinks there is something at the bottom of the bowl or because he just wants to play in the water. I keep the dish on a tray with a raised side (like a cafeteria tray) which makes it easier to clean up. He does the same thing with his kibble sometimes. They have water dishes with a jug that dispense into a small bowl, although I don't know if a rabbit waterer with a tube would work for a dog.

I wouldn't worry too much about the not eating thing, as long as Poppy doesn't seem sick. If you are too concerned, her checked at the vet. But I think they go through spurts where they don't eat. Maybe she's developing into a picky eater. I don't think the senior food would be good for an active dog, since it may not have enough calories or protein.

What I would suggest is: go to the vet, if she gets a clean bill of health, either wait her out or change food. If you free feed, maybe change that for awhile until Poppy gets back on her food.

Last edited by Texanna; 08-24-2010 at 06:48 AM.
Texanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!