View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 06:42 AM   #1
DamSweet
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Possessive of ME!

I’m here once again looking for advice or guidance - not sure if this is the right section to post, so if there is a better place - please let me know.
Bridget seems to be very possessive of ME, to the point that it is sometimes scary. There is nothing that I can’t do with her or to her - for example – I can take away her bully stick or favorite toy without any more than a little playful growl. However – if my fiancé comes near me (within a few feet), Bridget gets that low gurgling growl and tenses right up. I was lying on the floor playing with her – when he got on the floor to join us and came over near me – she snapped at him. I don’t know that she would have bitten him – but she has snapped at my grandchildren, and jumped on them if they came too close.
It’s the same with her food – if her food is out – she will literally “go after” (has not bitten….yet) the person that is near it whether it is something she wants or not, and by near I mean up to 4 feet away – but not me, I could get down and stick my head in her dish with no response other than maybe a lick!
She has no fear of my fiancé or grandkids – she will sit on their laps, play with them, and loves to let them rub her belly – but she has to initiate it. That is one of the first things she does in the morning – when my fiancé is having coffee she’ll go over to him and lay on her back for him to rub her belly! He can feed her, take her outside for a walk and even play on the floor with her - she has no problem with that – it’s only if I’m involved. If she is playing with him on the floor and I walk into the room - it's all over for them - she is at my side immediately.
If she is sleeping and I get up to go to the kitchen or bathroom - she is up instantly - following me wherever it is I'm off to. I feel so bad that everytime I get up it disturbes her sleep - but she just will not leave my side. Sometimes she'll just follow me out and lay down on the kitchen floor or in her bed that is in the kitchen and fall back asleep until she hears me move. Then she is right at my feet.
I do work during the day and she has an entire bedroom to herself which she goes to eagerly in the morning when it's time for me to leave. When I stop home during the day at different times - she is usually napping or playing.
She IS MY baby - I'm the one who wanted her and I love her to the moon and back - but so does everyone else - they think she's just great until she shows this side and it's getting out of control and it makes others a bit nervous.
Sorry - this has gotten a bit longer than I planned - but I feel so guilty - have I done something to make her feel this way? My fiance feels bad - he wonders what he's done to make her feel that way. She seems happy otherwise - healthy, playful and energetic - a real joy to have around.
Any suggestions as to how to correct this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Donna......owned by Bridget and Greta (and wouldn't have it any other way!)
DamSweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!