View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 03:44 PM   #6
princessizzy
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvTaycieGirl View Post
Any recommendations on dog food? Any lines better then these? I have Taycie on Blue Buffalo small breed puppy chicken and oatmeal and she has done wonderfully on it since day one... my concern is the chicken meal in it? Is that bad.. I saw that Halo dosen't have that and I am thinking of switching but at the same time she has done just fine with BB I am nervous. I also get nervous about the amount of protein and I know that is hard for their little kidneys.. what is a good amout? I know Halo is 27 percent is that to much?.. Ive looked at Canidae Innova Evo and many more quality food but their protein levels scare me!.. Any thoughts? What do you like to feed your babies?
This may help:

Chicken meal is simply chicken that has been baked to remove bacteria and other toxins. Chicken is simply pure chicken.

What people dont know about chicken, is that it is made mostly of water. If a label on a bag of dog food says %60 whole chicken, that is quite misleading as that does not take into account how much of that %60 of chicken is left after baking it to remove unwanted substances!

When the label on the bag says %60 of chicken meal, your getting more of the chicken because the product has already been baked to remove unwanted affects such as bacteria.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!