View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 07:49 AM   #13
lil fu fu girl
No Longer a Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugz4all4 View Post
all four of my dogs get the lepto shot.. one of them being only 4/5 pounds and none of them have had any reactions. I know of the risks but feel that because of the area I live in, I would rather them have the shot then get sick with the virus. ( and yes I know that not all of the "virus's are covered in the one shot).
Its a tough decision that only you and your vet can make.
I am in agreement with you. I live in the NE as well, and have heard of Lepto cases in my town: 1 in which the owner discovered too late, and the pup died due to complications. The shot I get for mine does contain the four serovars that are being found in this area. I just make sure that my two have a dose of steroids before the shots, any shots for that matter.

Plus, the research I am doing now is connecting CKD and liver disease to undiagnosed cases of Lepto that have been allowed to go untreated or unvaccinated. In consideration that CIN is one of the leading causes of death in dogs, I choose to get the shot.
Although, like I have said before, it is truly a personal choice one has to make weighing in on all the research.

Last edited by lil fu fu girl; 08-20-2010 at 07:53 AM.
lil fu fu girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!