View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 11:17 AM   #15
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I agree that is would be nice to have a sticky for just the basic guidelines for someone interested in showing. Like Mary said, the first place to start would be to go to shows. If you are serious about learning about showing then my recommendation is that you take your time, study the Yorkshire Terrier standard, go to shows and meet some show breeders. You really need a good understanding of what a quality yorkie should look like. There are many different 'looks' in the show ring, all may fall within the standard but everyone has their own preference as to what they like in a yorkie. As for the different products to use for show dogs, there are so many and everyone has their favorites. What works for one dog might not work for another.
I will say that I am mentoring a couple of people right now. One doesn't have my breeding but, approached me via a PM. We met and we've been working together for about a year. She's entered her boy in her's and his first dog show this weekend. I'll be attending with her to show her the ins and outs and groom her boy.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!