View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 11:12 AM   #14
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkielady06 View Post
Thank you.
I am not trying to cut corners, but I also am making the effort to find the information. Mentors do not fall out of the sky and I need to get some knowledge prior to that step. There is a show here in Sept that I plan on attending. I have a few names of exhibitors from my state be it they are about 2 hours away. I have contacted one person who did give me some names and will go from there. One of the names is a person who is in the next town, and being from this area I have seen some of her dogs and read some reviews on her breeding practices and from that would not have her mentor me in anything for sure.
But I was posting about this here thinking that some of the experienced people might know where certain threads are. Just as there are for people looking for a puppy. How to find a good breeder. Cpr for dogs, etc. I just feel that there should be stickies to help find some of the basic info and some reviews of the gotta haves and dont waste your money ones too.
I agree that is would be nice to have a sticky for just the basic guidelines for someone interested in showing. Like Mary said, the first place to start would be to go to shows. If you are serious about learning about showing then my recommendation is that you take your time, study the Yorkshire Terrier standard, go to shows and meet some show breeders. You really need a good understanding of what a quality yorkie should look like. There are many different 'looks' in the show ring, all may fall within the standard but everyone has their own preference as to what they like in a yorkie. As for the different products to use for show dogs, there are so many and everyone has their favorites. What works for one dog might not work for another.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!