View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 11:04 AM   #12
yorkielady06
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
No I didn't but, I knew what to do to find one. I researched.

However, if one doesn't have the where with all to attend dog shows to find such a mentor, saying they are not close to dog shows, speaks volumes to me. They won't put the effort into dog showing.

I agree not everyone started out with a mentor, however, they quickly found out that without one they weren't going to get anywhere.

I will say that there is information on how to obtain a mentor....what to look for. There's plenty of articles in the Yorkie Magazines on what to look for. What I will say is that we are looking for good people to mentor, but there are few newbies that really have the qualities that will do the best for the breed. Remember mentors look into newbies heart.
First of all it is not that I do not have the "where with all to attend dog shows" it is that I have a disability that limits my driving and walking. I want to do the prep work and hand my dog over to a handler ringside. I have attended shows years ago but have not been in some years due to raising human kids and working full time. I have have the time and want to put the "effort" into it. I just am not able to get to the shows and mentors that are hours away, it has nothing to do with my not putting in the effort.
I have done some homework and I need to do alot more. That was why I came to this section and began looking. I just wanted to know why no stickies with some general information to start out. I just did not realize that that question would lead to that?? guess I should not be surprised...
yorkielady06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!