View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 07:50 AM   #15
fifeandshaffer
YT Addict

i did my homework on the rescue, and i do tons of volunteer work for a shelter in my area but they dont often get little dogs, I can tell you 100% i take my dogs to the vet 2x a year fir check ups and when they need to go if an illness comes up, my fife had g4 lp, both kees they were repaired at univ of penn, he also had legg perthes, his hip was also replaced at penn, when his trachea started to collapse, again we went back to penn, then cornell, and to dr weiss,,, i assure you my dogs are well taken care of,, the rescue I contacted said my house was unsafe because I have 3 sets of steps they didnt like that my one dog was 1 pound overweight, and that deemd me as a bad owner, maybe it does I dont know, however I feel that they made a wrong choice in my opinion, I in no way wanted to upset you, but I have heard time and time again when I volunteer that they make it so hard to adopt at many places that people decide to buy a dog at a pet store, I will never again get a dog from a breeder, I may not be able to rescue from certain rescues but i see it as their loss, ... I was fortunate enough to find a great little yorkie that needed a home from a person here on yt,and I am very happy.
fifeandshaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!